Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week Before Break

This week was another good one. I studied the first part of the week and worked hard on homework but the closer Friday got the less motivation I had. I still have two papers due August 15th. This week in outdoor pursuits we learned how to canoe. I was glad that I had Whitney as a partner because she knew how to do it because she did it before. She just directed me and told me what to do as she steered the canoe from the back seat. She is definitely a back seat driver. We had a lot of fun with that. Some of the students including Whitney and I had to leave early to get back to the school for class. Later that night we left on the train for Cairns. The train ride was still better than the plane ride to Australia despite it being two hours longer. The group that came to Cairns with me includes Whitney, Jazmine, Carolina and Amelia. When we arrived we went to the shopping center to buy food for the night. We made it to Trinity Beach by bus and went straight to the beach. Keep in mind that it was 7 p.m. Whitney and I went to the grilling area and cooked hot-dogs for everyone. We had a conflict with our train schedule and hotel reservation. We had  no place to stay last night. We all slept on the beach and took turns staying up and watching for crocodiles and anything else that could have gone wrong. We had no problems and checked into our hotel today. It is quite nice. After that we bought more food and went to the beach until supper time. Whitney and I made spaghetti for everyone to eat and ended up watching a movie before going to bed. This week is now Vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment