Sunday, July 13, 2014

Differences and the Weekend

This week has been a good one. I am becoming very comfortable with my classes. I have a paper due in one of my classes in 2 weeks and I am already seeing adjustments I need to make with my writing skills. I never realized that the spelling is different here. For example, "liter" is spelled as "litre" here. Also they don't use the letter z like we do in America. They use s a lot more, like "organisation". This weekend my friends and I went to Mackay. We took a bus there and stayed at a friends house. It was a blast. His family is so great and hospitable. We had a lot of fun. We went to the beach. The beach was gorgeous. There were sandbars all over the place. I didn't go swimming though because the water is full of saltwater crocodiles and sharks. We had an amazing weekend but now it is time for another week of schoolwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment